Thursday, May 6, 2010

Finally made it to Paris!

Hello everybody! Can't believe I am already blogging about my last trip in Europe! I head back to the States 10 days from now! That is crazy!

Now, my trip to Paris was supposed to be 2 weeks ago. But the whole volcano thing happened and we had to push it back. It actually ended up working really well. I had 2 finals last week so was definitely ready for a break before finishing everything up. The trip was also fun because it was a GIRLS' WEEKEND! Just me and Ashley and Kaitlyn.

We got into Paris Friday morning. Ate crepes for lunch. Yum! And then we went on a free walking tour of the city. After the walking tour we went to Les Invalides and then the Eiffel Tower! That night after dinner we had wine and cheese while sitting by the Eiffel Tower.On Saturday morning we went to the Hotel de Ville, Notre Dame de Paris, and Montparnasse Tower. In the afternoon we went to Montmartre and Sacra Coeur. It was beautiful, on a hill overlooking the rest of the city.Sunday morning we got up early to get to the Louvre when it opened. The Louvre was a lot of fun and only a bit overwhelming. Museums are free the first Sunday of every month so we were fighting the crowds. But we managed to see the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. I didn't go up close to see the Mona Lisa. The large crowd of people around it scared me off. I liked the Louvre but it was too big to do only in a morning. My real favorite was the Musee d'Orsay which has works of people like Monet and Van Gogh. The paintings were lovely and it was much smaller than the Louvre.
Then it was time for us to leave. I was so glad we made it to Paris though. We ate lots of good food. The weather was lovely even though the forecast had said it was supposed to rain for 2 of our 3 days there.

Now it is back to studying and exams for me! Hopefully I can find the time for one more post before it's time for me to head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment